Skip to main content

Interview with Toluwalope Oko, A Nollywood Actress and producer


1.Could you please introduce yourself and give us your bio data including school attended?

My name is tolulope oloko,I’m from Lagos state,the first of three siblings.I attended saint mary’s private school broad street lagos for my primary education,holy child college southwest ikoyi for my secondary school education and I got my ond and hnd from Lagos state polytechnic 

2. Of all careers in the world why did you choose acting?

I actually got into the industry as a makeup artist and I’ve been doing that for about 7 years before I tried my hands at scriptwriting,producing and acting

3. What sacrifices have you made in your quest to be an actress?

Well I wouldn’t say I’ve sacrificed so much as I was used to the tediousness as a crew member,this has also helped shaped my work ethics 

4. What are your unforgettable memories as a woman and an actress?

My unforgettable moment as a woman working in the industry was the realization that I could do so much more than I thought I was capable of

5. Which character do you love to interpret and which do you dread?

1.Could you please introduce yourself and give us your bio data including school attended?

My name is tolulope oloko,I’m from Lagos state,the first of three siblings.I attended saint mary’s private school broad street lagos for my primary education,holy child college southwest ikoyi for my secondary school education and I got my ond and hnd from Lagos state polytechnic 

2. Of all careers in the world why did you choose acting?

I actually got into the industry as a makeup artist and I’ve been doing that for about 7 years before I tried my hands at scriptwriting,producing and acting

3. What sacrifices have you made in your quest to be an actress?

Well I wouldn’t say I’ve sacrificed so much as I was used to the tediousness as a crew member,this has also helped shaped my work ethics 

4. What are your unforgettable memories as a woman and an actress?

My unforgettable moment as a woman working in the industry was the realization that I could do so much more than I thought I was capable of

5. Which character do you love to interpret and which do you dread?

There’s no limit to a role you can interpret as an actor so I look forward to give my best to every role I’m offered 

6.What fantasies did you habour while growing in the industry?

 I see myself being the best at what I do because I never want to stop learning 

7. What's your take on women flaunting their sexuality on social media?

I think everyone should do what works for them,we all have our moments as women.moments when we’ll like to dress up,inspire,radiate and just be ourselves it isn’t our fault that our society oversexualizes the girl child 

8. What attracts you to the opposite sex and have you ever made the first move to start a relationship?

 Good manners,good cologne and a realist and no I wouldn’t make the first move I’m old schooled the man does the chasing

9. Love or money: which works for you and why?

(Laughs)Money works for me because I like the security that comes with it

10. At what point would you end a relationship?

 When I’m being sabotaged mentally,physically and emotionally 

11. What kind of women are you when it comes to sex?

I like to be spontaneous I don’t like routine.

12. How has the social media influenced your growth as an actress and what unforgettable memories do you have of social media?

Social media has given me an opportunity to put my craft out there. Although I might not be getting the audience I need now but I know it’s a matter of time 

13. What turns you off about the industry and what has been your most toxic experience in this regard?

 There’s no job that doesn’t come with its own challenges but how we handle them differs and this brings about different results. My most toxic experience in the interview was when I had to makeup for a senior actress who I loved on screen and was looking forward to meeting her.few minutes into the makeup she told me I had to hold my nose because I was breathing on her. 

14. What does beauty and sexiness mean to you?

Beauty and sexiness to me means being comfortable in your skin

15. What's your take on runs girls taking over the movie industry?

Before the advent of social media actresses have always been seen as promiscious and I think being in the limelight has been a major cause.if other industries get the same exposure I’m sure it would be a different story

16. What is your mission as an actress?

 My interest isn’t in acting alone being a crew member gave me insights and experience into what goes on in the background and that’s where the magic happens.I intend to be a force to reckon with

17. What are your limits when it comes to taking up roles?

I don’t think I have a limit but I certainly wouldn’t go nude

18. What can make you quit acting and can you quit for man?

I dare say acting is one of the jobs that has the longest life span your roles only change as you grow older and no I can’t leave acting for a man when I get committed I understand that there will be some adjustments like the kind of roles I do and the duration of time spent at work

19. Please let's have a list of films you have featured or produced.

I’ve featured in different movies as an extra but the ones I produced is titled AJOJI and I have another one coming to rule your screen titled AYO KADARA so watch out


20. What are the mistakes you have made in this career?

I take every mistake as a lesson so I would say my lesson is work and personal life should not be mixed
There’s no limit to a role you can interpret as an actor so I look forward to give my best to every role I’m offered 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who is Oluwaferanmi Ayeni?

My name is AYENI Oluwaferanmi. I'm a 14 year old. And although I'm in the science-tech field of study, I've discovered an undeniable passion for writing. It didn't take much to decide that's what I wanted to do. I have two self published e-books on the platform, Wattpad.  * WHY? THE CHRISTIANS ASK....* Why? Why is it so lonely When one tries to be holy  And to be in one accord With the Almighty God Why? Why do we face persecution All in the name of our religion Many are the forces of oppression Sent to bring us down to depression Why? Why have we come this far  And have not broken down like a faulty car Only with faith can we keep up this pace  While we run this strenuous race. * SOLITUDE* I sit in a corner My thoughts, my only companion I hear the giggles laced with familiarity Variations in tone blending in blissful orchestration  My heart aches because I'm the lost one Walking past,  I see arms thrown over necks Voices raised in excite

what does it mean to be a Boss lady?

Do you know what it takes to be a powerful and confident boss lady?  By: Bukunola Jayeola #1: self confidence. A boss lady is an ambitious and talented woman whose decisions can impact not just her but others. You don’t need to be the prettiest, smartest or wiseist person in the room, but if you act confident, you’ll be perceived as embodying all three. #2: Be so sure in yourself and who you are.  Be sure of yourself that no one can steer you away from that. The more you move and create change, the more people will push back. #3: Be ready for criticism .  Don’t listen to the haters because after all, they’ll just keep hating and tongue lashing you. I want you to know that either good or bad someone out there will say something about you. The best thing is for you to stay on your Lane and keep going on your track. #4: Be determined . Determination keeps you focused and is the key to becoming successful in one's endeavors. #5: Find y

Healthiest Diets

The healthiest diets have more fruits, vegetables, nuts, beans,yoghurt and so on eating  healthfully also means avoiding foods with high amounts of added salt and sugar. Whole vegetables and fruits are lower in  calories  than most processed foods. A person looking to lose weight should reduce their calorie intake to no more than what they require each day. High blood pressure and cholesterol can be a symptom of too much  salt  and  saturated fats  in your diet. A healthy diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains and low-fat dairy can help to reduce your risk of heart disease by maintaining blood pressure and cholesterol levels. What are the healthy foods? BEANS Beans contain amino acids, which are the protein building blocks that the body uses to heal and to make new tissues, such as bone, muscle, hair, skin, and blood. Protein is an essential nutrient. SWEET POTATO Sweet potatoes are nutritional superstars. They’re loaded with carotenoids, and are

VACANCY VACANCY VACANCY: URGENTLY NEEDED

URGENTLY NEEDED Waitresses and Cook urgently needed at an upscale gentlemen's club in Anthony Village area.  WAITRESSESS : We are looking for skilled Waitress to take orders and deliver food and beverages to our customers. Must have good communication skills, Smart and must be good looking. COOK : We are looking for a skilled Cook to prepare delicious meals according to menu. You will cook dishes that will delight our customers with their taste and timely delivery. Qualified and interested candidates should please contact. Mr Umo CEO Pedigree Lounge 08020764496 Or you can apply in person @ Pedigree Lounge, 2 Adeteju Adeyeye St. By Newcastle Hotel, Anthony Village. Lagos.

My encounter with Professor Wole Soyinka

Akinwande Oluwole Soyinka, (born July 13, 1934, Abeokuta, Nigeria), Nigerian playwright and political activist who received the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1986.  Wole Soyinka is among contemporary Africa's greatest writers. He is also one of the continent's most imaginative advocates of native culture and of the humane social order it embodies. Born in Western Nigeria in 1934, Soyinka grew up in an Anglican mission compound in Aké.  A pan Africanist, freedom fighter, and a great writer. My personal encounter with wole soyinka.. In 2008 Myself and Niyi Babade a veteran journalist. He is an International media practitioner hoisting the continent’s flag in global media space. He’s generally known for his reportorial expertise on CNN.  Professor Woke soyinka is a marvelous man and never a dull moment with him whenever you are opportune to meet him.  To be continued....